Friday, December 26, 2014

Roz Royce : The Man Behind The Dream

Royce Vanduyne, a.k.a. “Roz Royce”, was born in Texas and spent most of his adult life in Oklahoma City, Ok.  He has been writing and freestyling with music since his elementary days.  In 2004 he was committed to his music, he has made two mixed tapes. On July 2, 2013 his first MixTape was released, (WNS) he will release his Great Depression Mix Tape on November 15, 2014. The Great Depression is a story you can literally visualize everything Roz Royce is rapping about.  He is touching on everything going on in his life over the past years.  In his music he raps about his WIC (weird individual crew), who is a pack of people who are not afraid to be different or care what individuals have to say about them, because they rule; as Roz Royce would say. His music is listed on sites like You Tube, Soundcloud/roycevanduyne,and  Reverbnation,  He is an independent artist who has his own original style of music.  He is currently working on releasing his first ever solo album.  He is working under new management of his mother Tammy Johnson. Together, they are pushing a single that will soon be taking over called "Chasing The Dream" off "The Great Depression" Mix Tape. 


I was able to get a interview on Roz Royce, let's dig a little deeper into the up coming of the man behind "The Dream" because that isn't the only thing he is chasing.. Stardom falls right in line along with that. During the interview Royce was asked the following questions:

How did you get your name? 
I had been through so much coming up trouble bound and now I feel I've risen from all of that and that is why it is ROZ ROYCE. 

How do you separate your self from other artists? 
Well most of the music you hear these days consist of flossing the jewelry, the money, the women, I'd rather speak on things they are scared to. I'm bringing Hip Hop back, something everyone's been waiting for, straight realness, nothing fictional. 

Did anyone influence your style?
Oh man..  haa so many, Eminem, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Notorious B.I.G, Action Bronson and Ghost Face Killa. 

What are your thoughts on the current state of the game? 
Excuse my language but I think it's f***** up, It's too trendy. Everyone sounds the same, there's no originality, there's no Hip Hop feel at all, and that's why I wanna bring it back. Everyone even dresses the same, it's crazy. 

Describe your music in four words...
Real, Influential, Original and Motivational. 

When did you know you wanted to do music? 
I knew in the fourth grade, I actually used to do show cases in front of my class and that's also when I started song writing.

What type of music is in your phone? 
Jay Z, Kanye West, Action Bronson and Party Next Door.

What's next for you? 
I just dropped the great depression, as of now I'm working on a LP called "The Coldest Winter" dropping on December 25th, 2014.

Words to live by? 
Don't ever let anyone knock your grind, be different, stand out and live out your dreams to the max. 

Review: 
Listenining to Roz Royce I honestly see nothing but potential. I hear someone who has become one of my favorite artists. Royce has a very catchy feel to his music, great quality, fire lyrics and is really doing his thing in the music business. It's a lot of good artists that don't get enough recognition out here, Royce is one of the ones who will grab attention, he certainly has mine. 

You can find Roz Royce on his Social Networks here: 

Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/rozroycefanpage                 

Twitter: 

Instagram: 

Check out the new SINGLE "Dream Chasin" off of The Great Depression Album now! 


Find more music from Roz Royce via Sound Cloud: 

No comments:

Post a Comment